The Organic Culture
“It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver”- Mahatama Gandhi
Health is no doubt is on the top of everybody’s priority list. And climate change led to changing lifestyles which made people more concerned about their health, body, skin, etc. If we go to a grocery store there is a different section for organic food, we have cosmetics made from natural products without any chemicals or harmful ingredients.
Why? Because “organic” products are in huge demand now and therefore we can see a lot of innovation in products. The top-notch entrepreneurs have introduced so many natural and organic products in the market which are in huge demand also well-liked by consumers.
So lets check out some good known brands in different sectors:
The Food Products:
- NutriBucket: its an online health store based in Delhi promising to provide nutritious, healthy, and organic products at the doorstep. It was founded by Dhruv and Prangna Jaggi.
- I Say Organic: Started by Ashmit Kapoor to provide genuine organic fruits and vegetables. It provide products directly from farmers to consumers, delivering in paper bags.
- Living Greens Organics: It is one of the Urban farming companies in India specialized in Rooftop Farming of fruits and vegetables. It was founded by Prateek Tiwari in 2012 providing end to end solutions for organic farming like rooftop, live walls, etc.
The Personal Care Products:
- Teal & Terra: It was founded in 2107 by Uma Kapoor. It supplies skin and beauty products that are organic and made on the principles of Ayurveda.
- Vilvah: Started by Kruthika Kumaran in 2017. It makes natural, chemical-free skincare products using goat milk which are available online.
- Mamaearth:This brand provides online 100% natural and toxin-free personal care and baby care products. It was founded in 2016 by Varun Alagh and Ghazal Alagh. It recently raised Rs. 130Cr from Sequoia Capital.
The Clothing Products:
- No Nasties:This vegan Goa-based clothing brand uses 100% organic cotton grown by small scale farmers. It works on the model of co-operative farming all over India. It was launched by Apurva Kothariin 2011.
- NorthMist: Another Bengaluru based founded by Smrity Gupta and Arijit Mazumdarfounded in March, 2018. It manufactures sustainable men apparel by using pesticide-free cotton.
- Liz Jacob: It was launched. in 2014by Elizabeth Jacob.This Bengaluru based startup manufacture sustainable and organic clothes for up to 6 years of children. The products are handcrafted, simple with elegant embroidery and printing.
This is just a peek into the world of organic products. If we go deep we will find thousands of brands competing and providing fine quality of sustainable and organic products.
Even the Government of India is promoting Organic Farming, our Hon’ble Prime Minister, Mr.Narendra Modi introduced Paramparagat Krishi VikasYojana (PKVY), under which 2 lakh hectares has been made suitable for organic farming thereby benefitting 5 lakh farmers.
So, we can say the Organic market has great potential and is still at the embryonic stage. We are going to see exceptional and sizeable magnification in this sector.