Ahmedabad, in western India, is the largest city in the state of Gujarat. The Sabarmati River runs through its center. On the western bank is the Gandhi Ashram at Sabarmati, which displays the spiritual leader’s living quarters and artifacts. Across the river, the Calico Museum of Textiles, once a cloth merchant’s mansion, has a significant collection of antique and modern fabrics.
SL Ahmedabad Legal while working with their clients, first manage potential legal risks and then implement the most effective solutions to reduce costly leap.
Click here to know more about our Legal Services
FUNCTIONS OF CENTRAL AUTHORITY
The state authority has the responsibility to give effect to the directions issued by the Central authority. It provides legal services like the central authority and also conducts Lok Adalats. Besides this the authority also has other functions as follow:
- Give legal services to persons who satisfy the criteria under the act.
- Conduct Lok Adalats for all types of cases
Undertake preventive and strategic Legal Aid programs.
- Perform other functions as notified by the central authority to the state authority from time to time.
DISTRICT LEGAL SERVICES AUTHORITY
Member of the DLSA- District Judge as its chairman, other members nominated by the state government in consultation with the Chief Justice of High court. Every district authority has to give effect to such directions that are issued to it by the State authority, it also has to take cognizance of the directions that are given by the state authority.
The district authority has the following functions that it needs to perform:
- Coordinate the activities of the Taluk Legal Services Committee and other legal services in the District.
- Organized Lok Adalats within the District.
- Perform such other functions as the State Authority may fix by regulations.
TALUK LEGAL SERVICES COMMITTEE
Section 11A and 11B of the Legal services authorities act deals with the Taluk Legal services committee. The state authority shall constitute a committee for every Taluk which may be referred to as the Taluk Legal services committee.
The committee shall consist of a Senior Civil Judge operating within the limits as an ex-officio Chairman, and other such members prescribed and nominated by the state government in consultation with the chief justice of High Court.
POWER TO CONSTITUTE LOK ADALATS
Every central, state, district, or taluk committee may organize Lok Adalats from time to time. A case may be referred to the Lok Adalat if any of the parties thereof makes an application to the court for referring the case to a Lok Adalat.
Powers of the Lok Adalat
The Lok Adalat for determination of any matter under this Act will have the same powers, that of a civil court that has been granted to it under the Code of Civil Procedure 1908. The powers of the Lok Adalat are as follows:
• The summoning and enforcing the attendance of any witness and examining him on oath.
• The discovery and production of any document.
• The reception of evidence on affidavits.
• The requisitioning of any public record or document or copy of such record or document from any court or office.
• Such other matters as may be prescribed.
For free legal services for your organisation, you can fill up this form.
You must be logged in to post a comment.