Kanpur or Cawnpore is an industrial city in the central-western part of the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. Founded in 1207, Kanpur became one of the most important commercial and military stations of British India. Kanpur is also the financial capital of Uttar Pradesh.
SL Kanpur Legal anticipate and resolve our client’s composite legal challenges with relevant perspectives and highly tailored solutions in the legal sector.
To know more about Legal services, you can check out our website.
After the constitution of the Central Authority and the establishment of NALSA office towards the beginning of 1998, following
Schemes and measures implemented by the Central Authority:-
- (a) Establishing Permanent and Continuous Lok Adalats in all the Districts in the country for disposal of pending matters as well as disputes at pre-litigative stage;
- (b) Establishing separate Permanent & Continuous Lok Adalats for Govt. Departments, Statutory Authorities and Public Sector Undertakings for disposal of pending cases as well as disputes at pre-litigative stage;
- (c) Accreditation of NGOs for Legal Literacy and Legal Awareness campaign;
- (d) Appointment of “Legal Aid Counsel” in all the Courts of Magistrates in the country;
- (e) Disposal of cases through Lok Adalats on old pattern;
- (f) Publicity to Legal Aid Schemes and programmes to make people aware about legal aid facilities;
- (g) Emphasis on competent and quality legal services to the aided persons;
- (h) Legal aid facilities in jails;
- (i) Setting up of Counseling and Conciliation Centers in all the Districts in the country;
- (j) Sensitisation of Judicial Officers in regard to Legal Services Schemes and programmes;
- (k) Publication of “Nyaya Deep”, the official newsletter of NALSA;
- (l) Enhancement of Income Ceiling to Rs.1,25,000/- p.a. for legal aid before Supreme Court of India and to Rs.1,00,000/- p.a. for legal aid upto High Courts; and
- (m) Steps for framing rules for refund of court fees and execution of Awards passed by Lok Adalats.
First Annual Meet of State Legal Services Authorities
It was held on 12th of September, 1998 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi which was presided over by His Lordship Hon. Dr. Justice A.S. Anand, the then Executive Chairman, NALSA. His Lordship Hon. Mr. Justice S.B. Majmudar, Judge, Supreme Court of India and Chairman, Supreme Court Legal Services Committee, the Members of the Central Authority and the Executive Chairmen and Member Secretaries of the State Legal Services Authorities attended this Meet. In this Meet, the progress of on-going schemes which had been initiated by NALSA was examined and decisions of far reaching implications were taken with a view to strengthen and streamline legal aid programs in the country. The Second Annual Meet of the State Legal Services Authorities was held at Jubilee Hall, Hyderabad on 9th of October, 1999. This Meet was inaugurated by His Lordship Hon. Dr. Justice A.S. Anand, the Chief Justice of India and Patron-in-Chief, NALSA. Hon. Mr. Justice S.P. Bharucha, Executive Chairman, NALSA delivered the keynote address. Other dignitaries present at the inaugural function included Hon. Mr. Justice S.B. Majmudar, Judge, Supreme Court of India and Chairman, Supreme Court Legal Services Committee, Hon. Mr. Justice M.S. Liberhan, Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court and Members of Central Authority.
In pursuance of the call given by His Lordship Hon. Dr. Justice A.S. Anand, the Chief Justice of India in the First Annual Meet, 9th of November is being celebrated every year by all Legal Services Authorities as “Legal Services Day”. NALSA issues Press Releases in almost all the leading newspapers in the country in English, Hindi and regional languages to convey to the public salient provisions of the Legal Services Authorities Act, the important schemes introduced by NALSA for providing legal aid and the utility of Lok Adalats, so that people should know about the facilities being provided by Legal Services Authorities throughout the country. State Legal Services Authorities all over the country organize Lok Adalats, legal literacy camps and undertake legal awareness campaign to make people aware of their legal rights.
To get legal aid, please fill this form.
You must be logged in to post a comment.